- Seiten Menü
- Technical support / FAQ
- Streaming videos
- Streaming with Chromecast
- Music resources
- Customer Service
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I immediately use Teufel Streaming Speakers and Connectors as UPnP rendering devices?
- Is it possible to reinstall the firmware of a device ("flashing")?
- Can I combine multiple speaker sets in a single room?
- My Speaker isn't shown on my Controller under "Line In"
- What is an active loud speaker, what a passive?
- Which speaker is on the left, which one on the right?
In order to control a Teufel Streaming Speaker or Connector via UPnP/AV (e.g. with Windows Media Player) it has to be integrated into a Teufel Streaming network.
An option to use Teufel Streaming Speaker and Connector standalone, that means without a connection to the Teufel Streaming system, is in development.
Should one of your devices no longer react even after you've disconnected the power and restarted the device, you may reinstall the device's firmware and thereby reset it to factory defaults.
Please note that when reinstalling the firmware all device settings are lost.
Here you will find advice on reinstalling the firmware of the following devices:
Reinstalling the firmware in our online manual
If you want to play music in a huge room, it may be a useful to combine multiple sets of speakers in this room.
The Room Configuration settings will allow you to set up multiple devices under a single room name in that case. This allows for fast music selection and volume control (see Configuring of rooms within the Online Manual).
In order to be shown on the Controller under the application Line In, the following preconditions need to be met:
- The Speaker has to be set up and connected to the Teufel Streaming system (both LEDs permanently lid)
The active speaker contains the amplifiers for the pair of speakers. You can easily recognise it as it also holds the power connector and the antenna. The passive speaker is connected to the active speaker via a speaker cable.
In order to allow you to position your speakers perfectly within your room, you can choose which of the two speakers you want to control with the left stereo signal, and which with the right (also see Playback Device Settings within the Online Manual).